Top 50 UiPath Interview Questions and Answers (2021 Update)
Most Consistently Asked in Top IT Company Interview
Top 50 UiPath Interview Questions and Answers (2021 Update)
1.What is UiPath?
UiPath Studio is a software solution that allows automating repetitive office tasks. It is founded by Romanian entrepreneur Daniel Dines in the year 2005. It converts tedious tasks into the automation process can work with multiple tools.
2) Explain various products of UiPath
Various products available in UiPath are:
- UiPath Studio: It allows us to plan any automation processes visually with the help of different diagrams. Each diagram represents a specific type of work to perform.
- UiPath Robot: Once the designing process is done in the Studio, you need to execute the procedures in built-in Studio. Robots will pick those steps and run without human direction in any environment. It can also work when human triggers the process.
- UiPath Orchestrator: This tool is a web-based application. It helps you to deploy, schedule, monitor, and manage robots & processes. It is a centralized platform for all robots to manage.
3) What is RPA?
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) allows organizations to automate the task, just like a human being was doing them across applications and systems. The purpose of RPA is to transfer the process execution from humans to bots.
4. Difference between PEP and PIP?
- PEP stands for Python Enhancement Proposal. It is a set of rules that specify how to format Python code for maximum readability.
- While this PEP only proposes documentation changes for Python 2.7, once pip has a Windows installer available, a separate PEP will be created and submitted proposing the creation and distribution of aggregate installers for future CPython 2.7 maintenance releases that combine the CPython, pip, and Python Launcher for Windows installers into a single download (the separate downloads would still remain available – the aggregate installers would be provided as a convenience, and as a clear indication of the recommended operating environment for Python in Windows systems).
4) List various stages of RPA life cycle
Various stages of RPA life cycles are: 1) Discovery phase, 2) solution design phase, 3) development phase, 4) user acceptance tests, 5) development and maintenance phase, and 6) execute bots.
5) What is the need of UiPath in RPA?
UiPath in RPA is needed because:
- It helps in process modeling
- Deploy management becomes very easy.
- It makes it possible to execute a remote procedure.
6) What are the components available in UiPath?
Various Components available in UiPath are:
- UiPath Studio
- UiPath Robot
- UiPath Orchestrator
7) Explain different types of workflows in UiPath
Various kinds of workflows in UiPath are:
- Sequences: The sequence is a small type of Project which are suitable for linear processes. It enables developers to switch from one activity to another easily.
- State Machine: A machine using a specific number of states used for automation, it is called as the state machine. It will switch from one state to another.
- Flowchart: It can be used for large or small projects that help in building complex business.
8) What are the features of RPA?
- The features of RPA are:
Accurate: It works with accuracy and uniformity. Thus, RPA helps to reduce errors.
- No programming required: RPA tools do not require any programming knowledge.
- Consistent: The RPA software is developed in a way that all repetitive tasks can be performed in the same way.
- Productivity rate: Task execution time is faster compared to the standard approach.
- Efficiency: It can work continuously without a break, with the same efficiency.
- Cost-cutting technology: It enables you to reduce manual workforce and therefore decreases the cost needed to perform any task.
9) Define UiPath automation
UiPath automation is a process Automation vendor. This tool helps to automate any type of process.
10) What is the primary difference between test automation and process automation?
Test Automation is used for testing purposes while automating any application to check whether the cases are pass or fail. On the other hand, process automation used to automate the process without any human intervention.
11) List properties of UiPath
Properties of UiPath are:
12) Define branching in UiPath
Branching in UiPath is used for connecting activities using the branch in Flowchart.
13) Explain types of Wildcards in UiPath
There are two types of Wildcards in UiPath:
- Asterisk (*): It replaces zero or more characters.
- Question mark (?): It replaces a single character.
14) What is Robotic Automation?
Robotic automation is a style of automation where a computer mimics a human action.
15) What are the features of UiPath?
Features of UiPath are:
- Hosting options: It can be hosted in cloud environments or virtual terminals.
- Application compatibility: It enables users to work with a wide range of applications.
- Centralized repository: This feature helps for handling all the robots simultaneously by users.
- Security: Offers auto-login features to run the bots.
- Advanced screen scraping solution: UiPath can work with applications like .Net, Java, Flash, PDF, Legacy, SAP, with accuracy.
- Level of scalability and robustness: Effective debugging and exception handling mechanisms. Artificial intelligence handling day to day applications like outlooks Excel, PDF.
16) List out popular tools for RPA
Various tools used for RPA:
- Open span
- NICE Actimize
17) What is Process Studio?
Process Studio is a process modelling application like MS Visio. It is used to create a process in Blue Prism. Process Studio uses various flow diagrams and notations.
18) What is a thin client?
Thin client is an application that requires certain attributes while using RPA tools, e.g., calculator, computer, etc.
19) Explain variable and data type in UiPath
Variables in UiPath are used to store the data, and to change the value of a variable. Data types help to store data in different forms. UiPath supports various data types like number, time, date, universal value, and text.
20) What is sequence activities in UiPath?
The sequence is a small type of Project that clears the path from switching from one activity to another. It works as a single activity block. Developers can reuse these blocks multiple times.
21) What is the State of a machine?
Different states in which a machine needs to undergo while executing a single task is called a state of the machine. In case if the action is triggered, it can switch into different states.
22) List various types of recordings available in UiPath
Different types of recordings in UiPath are: 1) Basic, 2) Desktop, 3) WEB, and 4) Citrix, and 5) Image.
23) What is the assigned activity in UiPath?
Assign activity in UiPath enables to assign values to various variables.
24) What is the major difference between UiPath and Selenium?
The major difference between UiPath and Selenium is that Selenium is designed to test websites or web applications. On the other hand, Selenium is RPA software that automates the software process.
25) List out the things that can be automated using RPA
Things that can be automated using RPA are:
- Report generation from the website.
- Data capture and data manipulation work.
- Collection the information from different forms.
- Email sharing.
- Data entry works.
- Daily and repeatable work in the system.
26) What is a generic variable in UiPath?
A generic variable is a special variable that can store any kind of data types like int, dates format, arrays, and string.
27) Mention the steps to create a project and execute in UiPath studio?
Steps for creating the Project are:
Step 1) Click start in UiPath studio software.
Step 2) Select the project type.
Step 3) In the new tab, enter the name, location, and description and click on create.
Step 4) Drag and drop the activities into the design window.
Step 5) Select RUN or press F5.
28) List types of OCR engine available in the market
Types of OCR engines are: 1)Google cloud OCR, 2) Microsoft Cloud OCR, 3) Microsoft OCR, 4) Google OCR, and 5) Abbyy Cloud OCR.
29) What is the need for Element Exists?
It is used to check whether UI Element is present or not during the execution of the program. Element exists only supports Boolean.
30) What are the contentions in UiPath?
Contention in UiPath enables developers to make a contention for the project improvement.
31) Explain Package manager.
A package manager in UiPath is a bundle of numerous elements that allows automating the process. A package manager includes things like frameworks, libraries, and wrappers.
32) What is automatic recording in UiPath?
In UiPath, there is a facility that helps the developer to record action automatically. Programmers can easily customize and parameterize it.
33) List variable error handling activities available in UiPath
Error catching activities in UiPath are:
- Terminate workflow
- Try Catch
34) List the email protocols available in UiPath
Email protocols available in UiPath are: 1) IMAP, 2) GET, 3) Outlook, POP3, etc.
35) Explain the Delay activity
Delay activity in UiPath is used to pause or stop the automation for some time. It is mainly used in projects where there is a need for time to wait and start a specific application. Delay activity can also be used for applications that are waiting for information processing.
36) Explain Do While Activity in UiPath
Do while activity enables programmers to execute the particular part of automation when the condition is true. However, If the mention condition is not true, then the loop cannot be executed.
It is used for step through the Element, which is present in the array. Do while activity also helps in executing particular activity multiple times.
37) Explain project debugging concept in UiPath
Debugging concept is used for finding and showing the error for a specific project. It has both breakpoints and logging. Debugging also helps you to gather information about the Project and highlight the error step by step.
38) What is the meaning of publishing an automation project?
Publishing of the automation package means archiving it. The related files are present in a specific folder for sending it to a robot and executing it.
39) Explain the hardware infrastructure needed to run the Blue Prism Robotic Automation Platform
Developers can develop software using a front office or back-office process. It can run on any desktop machine.
40) What is the general use of RPA? .
General use of RPA is:
- Emulates human action: RPA can emulate human execution of the repetitive process.
- Conduct high-volume repeated tasks: RPA can simulate the repetition of data from one system to another. It performs tasks like data entry, copying, and pasting.
- Perform multiple tasks: Operates multiple and complex tasks across multiple systems. This helps to process transactions, manipulate data, and send reports.
- Virtual system integration: It can transfer data between disparate and legacy systems by connecting them at the user interface level.
41) What is the session variable?
The session variable in UiPath is a reference to one process of the instance. In case if the process continuous more than one process at the same time, it may have the same session variables but with changed value.
42) What is UiPath append range?
UiPath append range enables to project development team to insert or edit data in their existing workbook. They can use it to enter the data from the workbook. If the developer appends the data, it will not overwrite the current data.
43) Explain the ways to create Variable in UiPath
There are three ways to create a variable in UiPath:
Applying the variable tab available in the control bar.
Using the output column and properties window.
Selecting Create variable option available in the ribbon tab.
44) Explain switch activity
Switch activity is used to accept objects depend on the defined character’s values. It uses the integral argument that can be changed by going to the properties panel and selecting the expected argument type.
45) Explain while activity
While activity helps in preparing an activity when a status is valid.
46) Explain for Each Activity
For each activity helps in providing the step using data tables, arrays, lists, and other collections. It enables the programmer to repeat the data and process the information individually.
47) What is the primary difference between screen scraping and data scrapping?
The primary difference between screen scraping and data scrapping is that Screen scraping is a method to extract structured data from the UI element. Data scraping is a method to extract the structured data from any document or web and save it into spreadsheets or databases.
48) What is an Array?
The array is a type of variable that allows developers to store multiple values of the same data type. UiPath Studio supports numerous kinds of arrays. Programmers can create a variety of numbers, strings, Boolean, and more.
49) How to automate database?
UiPath developers can automate the database by installing Uipath.database from the managed package. Programmers can provide all the details of the database in activity properties.
50) List out different types of decision activities available in UiPath
Different types of decision activities available in UiPath are 1) If Activity, 2) Switch Activity, 3,) Flow Decision, and 4) Switch Decision.